27 Jan Activities To Do Before and After Soaking
Soaking at Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a Glenwood Springs activity highlight but even when you are not immersed in one of our 16 soaking pools, there’s plenty of fun to be had in Colorado’s favorite hot spring and mountain town.
After you reserve your soaking time online, fill in your Glenwood Springs vacation itinerary around your scheduled visit to Iron Mountain Hot Springs. With so many things to do, it’s easy to customize and plan your day accordingly. Check out these suggestions for making the most of your time before and after soaking at Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
Early hours of the day are a lovely time for a dip at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Typically, the least crowded time slots are in the morning, and they’re ideal for anyone seeking a setting that is on the quiet and contemplative side. One of the perks of an early start is that when your soaking time’s up, you have the rest of the day to enjoy Glenwood Spring activities. Keep the mellow vibe going with activities focused on relaxation.
Do This Before:
- Even if you plan on having brunch afterwards, make sure you have a snack prior! The hot springs get HOT 😉 and you could get dehydrated — always arrive fueled up.
Do This Afterwards:
- Follow up your soak with an appointment for a massage. Glenwood Springs spas offer a variety of feel-good treatments from aromatherapy to Watsu.
- Relax and refuel over lunch at restaurants Seventh Street is affectionately known as Glenwood’s “Restaurant Row.”
- Search for the perfect take-home souvenir at nearby shops after lunch. There’s something in store for everyone in Glenwood Springs. Shops worth a stop include Bullock’s, Homsted, Fourth Dimension, A La Carte, Cooper Corner, Mountain Valley Textiles, Hookers Fly Shop, Treadz and High Country Gems & Minerals.
Sunshine and hot springs are a perfect combination, especially in winter. Colorado boasts over 300 days of sunny skies, so you’ll likely be able to enjoy beautiful weather and a blissful soak at the same time. Those with afternoon soaking times can enjoy the Glenwood life both before and after their visit to Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
Do This Before:
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast or a grab-and-go coffee at eateries and coffee houses around town.
- Get your blood pumping with a morning walk. Choose an easy stroll along the Rio Grande Trail or go for something a little steeper on the Red Mountain
Do This After:
- If you’re soaking as a family, continue the bonding experience at the Glenwood Springs Escape Room. Every member of your crew can contribute to working out clues to escape from a locked room within the time limit.
- Hit the comedy club with the kids later in the evening. The Glenwood Vaudeville Revue is just the ticket for family-friendly laughs.
With your Iron Mountain Hot Springs soaking window scheduled for later in the evening, you have the whole day to play and partake in action-packed activities in Glenwood Springs. When it comes time for your soak at Iron Mountain Hot Springs, you will be more than ready to relax.
Do This Before:
- Spend the day exploring at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. America’s only mountain-top theme park features a gondola ride to the park entrance, thrill rides, cave tours and more.
- Take advantage of great conditions at Sunlight Mountain Resort where there are 730 acres and 72 trails for outstanding skiing and riding.
- Make reservations to ride. Snowmobiling tours are a great alternative to skiing, enabling visitors of all abilities and ages to experience the backcountry around Sunlight Mountain.
Visit Iron Mountain Hot Springs to learn more and start planning your Glenwood Springs itinerary today!
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Relax, The Kids Are Back in School - August 17, 2023
- Embark on a Global Soaking Adventure at WorldSprings - July 21, 2023
- Take Your Minerals to Go! - June 30, 2023
- Employees Dish on Their Favorite Soaking Pools - April 21, 2023