16 Feb And The Award Goes To …
… Iron Mountain Hot Springs! In a little over two years since Colorado’s newest hot springs opened, it has accumulated an impressive assortment of local, regional and international awards.
Awards season is officially upon us. Some have come and gone—the Golden Globes, the Grammy’s; others are up and coming—the Independent Spirit Awards, the Academy Awards. It seems to us, now is the perfect time to celebrate and share our own 2017 Iron Mountain Hot Springs awards story.
Locals’ Choice Awards. The Glenwood Springs Post Independent annually asks readers and residents to weigh in on their favorite places to eat, shop, do business and play. After the votes were tallied, Iron Mountain Hot Springs was a top finisher in three categories!
- Best Date Spot. With 16 individual soaking pools, all overlooking the Colorado River and ranging in temperature from 99° to 108°F, Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a sweetheart of a place to rendezvous for a light meal, a drink and a soothing soak in 100 percent pure mineral water.
- Best Local Attraction. Iron Mountain Hot Springs is obviously a favorite destination for locals. It also happens to be one of 19 geothermal attractions located along the 720-mile Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop, a roadmap through Western Colorado cities and towns that highlights the state’s abundant hot springs amenities.
- Best Place to Watch a Sunset. Every day of the year provides an opportunity to see an original work of art by Mother Nature. Viewing a sunset from the comfort of the soaking pools at Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a great way to relax and appreciate the wonders of the natural world.
Best of the Valley Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Place to Relax. Roaring Fork Magazine serves communities throughout the valley including Aspen, Snowmass, Basalt, Carbondale and Glenwood Springs. It highlights the people, places and events that make the area special. The December 2017 issue featured the magazine’s first annual Readers’ Choice Awards, with Iron Mountain Hot Springs voted the Roaring Fork Valley’s Best Place to Relax. We couldn’t agree more. In addition to the soul-soothing geothermal amenities, in winter a fire pit adds ambiance and warmth; in summer outdoor showers provide a refreshing counterpoint the thermal waters.
Luxury Travel Guide (LTG)
- Innovative Wellness Centre of the Year. Our first international award, LTG, is a leading provider of travel news, reviews and feature stories for the well-travelled globetrotter. The LTG awards represent the pinnacle of hospitality achievement around the world. Iron Mountain Hot Springs is highly responsive to guest feedback and goes to great lengths to meet and exceed expectations. “Finding a unique place that offers nothing but tranquility can be very difficult; however, when visiting Colorado, you do not need to look far to find this perfect place,” said James Drakeford, editor in chief at LTG. Receiving this award was a thrill for us.
… At this point in the program, we’d like to recognize everyone who nominated, voted for and visited us. Awards are wonderful to receive and we appreciate the recognition. Day in and day out however, it’s our pleasure to welcome and host you at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your enthusiasm and your business.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Reservations Required - July 2, 2020
- Reduced Capacity Makes Soaking More Relaxing Than Ever - June 15, 2020
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs Wins Four Locals’ Choice Awards - April 2, 2020
- The Power of Optimism - March 27, 2020