29 Jan The Best Date Spot for Valentine’s Day
Take your special someone to Iron Mountain Hot Springs—voted Best Date Spot by Glenwood Springs locals.
Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a favorite with couples. In the 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards, Glenwood Springs Post Independent readers singled out Iron Mountain Hot Springs as the Valley’s Best Date Spot. Mountain Living also gave us a shout out as one of five romantic hot spring getaways in Colorado. With the most romantic week of the year coming up soon, it got us thinking—what makes Iron Mountain Hot Springs so couple-friendly? Here’s our take on it:
- Small soaking pools. Rather than one large swimming pool, Iron Mountain Hot Springs features 16 small-sized pools for soaking. The pools are terraced on a hillside that overlooks the Colorado River and linked with pathways, landscaping and lighting; each pool is unique in size, shape and temperature, allowing couples to pick the one that feels just right.
- Some like it hot. As true for Marilyn Monroe as it is for our guests. The soaking pools at Iron Mountain Hot Springs range in temperature from 98°F to 108°F; the family pool is a perfectly pleasant 95°F. Make the rounds and find your favorite hot spot. It might be Lapis with its river rock bottom, Motherlode for lovers of extreme heat, Ruby our heart-shaped pool or one of our 13 other soaking pools.
- Al fresco. Everything is better outdoors. Blue skies overhead, snow-capped mountain views and the mighty Colorado River flowing by are some of the sights you’ll see if you come during daylight. For those planning a rendezvous during Valentine’s week, take note, day time hours and weekdays tend to be less crowded than evenings and weekends.
- Soothing sounds. All 16 soaking pools are located in our Quiet Zone—a no-splash zone where keeping your voice down is highly encouraged to promote an atmosphere of deep calm and relaxation—so go ahead and whisper those sweet nothings to each other. To enhance the mood, our playlist of tranquil tracks will help you drift away from your every day cares.
- Cocktails. Acknowledge the occasion and the love of your life with a celebratory adult beverage from the Sopris Café. Choose wine, beer or your favorite mixed drink. Those drinks won’t come in a fancy flute or highball glass though; rather we serve them in a cup or can so you can safely sip them while you soak. The range of choices includes draft and canned beer, sangria, a variety of wines from Woodbridge, Underwood and Nano; premixed Cuervo and Jim Beam drinks, Moscow Mules, Palm Breezes and Bloody Marys. Please drink responsibly, especially while soaking.
- Sunsets and starry nights. Skip the museum and just look around. Like an impressionist painting, the early evening sky is awash with color at sunset. As twilight fades to dark, the night sky’s celestial bodies reveal themselves. It’s a perfect time to ponder the stars, the planets and each other.
For all the romantics visiting during the week surrounding Valentine’s Day keep in mind this will likely be a busy time at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. We advise letting the love flow by being kind and courteous to your fellow pool guests.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Experience All Glenwood Springs Has to Offer—and a Soak! - May 21, 2018
- We’re Hiring! - May 4, 2018
- May is for Moms at Iron Mountain Hot Springs - April 30, 2018
- Stay at Iron Mountain Hot Springs Partner Hotels - April 18, 2018