To Our Loyal Guests,
We know many of you are eager to come and enjoy the healing qualities of the pure, hot mineral water at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
It’s important for us to meet or exceed the guidelines set forth by local, regional, state and federal agencies for operating in a COVID-19 environment and want to inform you of some changes you’ll notice on your next visit.
These guidelines include:
- Personal protection equipment: For the safety of our employees and guests, our employees will wear face coverings. Guests will need to follow the city and county guidelines at the time of their visit.
- Health screening and enhanced training for our employees
- Touchless transactions whenever possible
- Plexiglass sneeze guards at registers
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of common touchpoints throughout the property
- Limited capacity
- Social distancing markers
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations
- Online reservations are now REQUIRED with specific time slots for a 2.5-hour visit. For example, if you purchase a ticket for the 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. time period, you will be asked to leave at 11:30 a.m. Please adhere to the time slot purchased online. Once we have an opening date, reservations will be open. You will be given a wristband to self-apply that identifies your time slot. Anyone without a wrist band will be asked to leave.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- During your online purchase, you will be asked to sign our online waiver for touch-free entry.
- Pricing during the summer will be $25 per 2.5-hour visit for adults and children.
- Our hours will remain the same, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Capacity will be greatly reduced, making for a great soaking experience!
- Each pool will be marked with maximum number of people allowed.
- The bathhouse locker rooms and lockers will be closed. While our restroom facilities will remain open, they will be restricted to a very limited capacity. All guests are encouraged to come ready to swim, bypass locker rooms and carry their belongings with them to store in cubbies next to the pools. Please leave valuables in your vehicles or at home. Re-entry is not permitted.
- Towel rentals are suspended; however, towels are available to purchase for $5 or you may bring your own.
- Outside food, drink and alcohol are not allowed.
- For your safety, we reserve the right to have a security search before check in.
- In order to take care of you during our closure, we will extend your pass expiration date for as long as we were closed. When we reopen, Pass Holders may visit from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 8 to 10 p.m. and do not need to make reservations. We hope that this new plan will be a temporary situation. If you would like to visit between 11:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. you will need to purchase admission online and make a reservation for your visit.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Iron Mountain Hot Springs, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. All guests must take personal responsibility for their own health and safety when visiting by making good choices.
What we ask of you:
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home.
- Wash hands often and use hand sanitizer where available.
- Maintain safe physical distancing from other parties.
Simply put, we’re doing everything we can to keep our guests and employees as safe as possible while still providing you with the Colorado-style hospitality and spa-like atmosphere that you love.