07 Jun Hello Summer! Top 10 Vacation Things to Do in Glenwood Springs
Summer has finally arrived, make the most of your Glenwood Springs vacation with these activities, events and special places.
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs. A soothing soak feels great any time of year, but after a day on the river either fishing or rafting, a dip in our geothermal soaking pools is just the ticket for relaxing post-activity downtime. Be sure to take advantage of the outdoor showers for a quick cool down on the hottest summer days.
- Ice Cream. No matter what your flavor preferences, ice cream is everyone’s go-to summertime treat. Enjoy free strawberries and ice cream on Saturday, June 19 as part of the City’s “Berry Special Weekend” event which takes at Bethel Plaza from 12 to 2 pm. For small-batch artisan ice cream, queue up at Sundae
- Music & Adventure. Enhance the thrills at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park with a soundtrack to match. This summer sees the return of Music on the Mountain concert series at the mountain top theme park. Spend the day or just come for the tunes. Hotel Colorado also has live music every Thursday and Sunday through September.
- Hanging Lake. The lake with its waterfalls is one of Colorado’s most iconic images. If you’re inclined, follow the signs to Spouting Rock for more surprising scenery. Purchase permits to hike Hanging Lake online.
- Outdoor dining. Everything tastes better outdoors. One of the silver linings of the pandemic was that restaurants expanded their service areas with alfresco seating—a pleasant perk that isn’t going away. Enjoy the fresh air along with your meal at restaurants throughout Glenwood Springs. The newest venue in town comes with a view! Check out the Smokehouse at Glenwood Caverns.
- Farmers’ Market. Glenwood’s Downtown Market is a Tuesday night tradition. With a festival atmosphere, shop farmers’ stalls for fresh, locally grown produce and flowers along Seventh Street from 4 to 8 p.m. The event also features a lineup of musicians and artisans selling a variety of goods.
- Trail Finding. If you visit Glenwood Springs, at some point someone will recommend you hit the trails — how you do it is up to you. There are many ways to enjoy Glenwood’s amazing trails, and every one of them is a blast. Explore on foot, rent bikes and go for a ride, see the backcountry on horseback or get moving with guided off-road tours.
- Beer & Booze. If you like the taste of a quality cold one, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find an abundance of delicious craft brews in Glenwood Springs. For an outstanding selection, try Glenwood Canyon Brewpub, Casey Brewing Tap Room, Ball Brewing and The Grind which features 20 taps! Adding spirits to the mix is the new Stoneyard Distillery, stop in for tastings!
- On stage. A hometown original, the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue is another must-do activity. The hilarious variety show showcases the talent of professional actors, singers and dancers and features all-new material each season, often taking a cue from current and local events.
- Wing Thing. Find the four sets of angel and butterfly wings scattered around downtown alleys and on the sides of buildings for fun photos to remember your Glenwood Springs vacation.
Say hello to summer in Glenwood Springs, learn more at Iron Mountain Hot Springs and plan your vacation getaway today!
The following two tabs change content below.
Karin Gamba has been writing professionally for the travel and tourism markets for nearly two decades. She has promoted a wide array of travel products that include destination towns, vacation resorts, golf courses, ski areas, spas, hotels, restaurants and countless visitor attractions. Karin especially loves writing about her hometown of Glenwood Springs.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Hello Summer! Top 10 Vacation Things to Do in Glenwood Springs - June 7, 2021
- Dining Outdoors in Glenwood Springs - May 7, 2021
- Retail Therapist: Meet Lynnsey Flowerday - April 27, 2021
- In the Flow: Fishing & Hot Springs Soaking - April 20, 2021