23 Dec New Year’s Eve: Soak then Celebrate
Iron Mountain Hot Springs will be open regular hours, closing at 10 p.m., on New Year’s Eve. After soaking, head over to Seventh Street to ring in the New Year with music, food, drinks and fireworks.
New Year’s Eve is one holiday that’s all about expectations—waiting for the big moment to sing, toast and kiss the old year goodbye while welcoming the new one with all its promise. It’s a night when hopes are high, yet expectations can quickly morph from anticipation into anxiety if things don’t go as planned. It’s why Iron Mountain Hot Springs is reminding guests that we’ll be keeping our regular hours on this holiday, leaving the late-night festivities to City party planners.
Soak from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, Tuesday, Jan. 31
Spend the last day of the year soaking in the final hours of 2019 at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Our 16 soaking pools overlooking the Colorado River are the perfect spot to mentally recap the past 12 months or if you’re the sort to make resolutions, the mineral-rich waters might invigorate you to set new goals.
Keep in mind, that while New Year’s Eve 2019 falls mid-week, we anticipate a busy day with many guests visiting. Follow these tips for a satisfying hot springs soak on this special day:
- If you like solitude, come as close to opening time (9 a.m.) as possible
- Check out the live webcam to see if you’re comfortable with the number of other people present
- Enjoy a celebratory spirit, but drink responsibly and remember alcoholic beverages may only be purchased at the Sopris Cafe
- Keep the conversation and PDA (public displays of affection) low key
- To avoid the locker room rush at closing time, plan to depart before 10 p.m.
Ring in the New Year in Downtown Glenwood
Along Seventh Street, the City of Glenwood Springs will be celebrating the inaugural A Grand New Year’s Eve, a free event starting at 6 p.m. and going until it’s time to ring in the New Year at midnight. Enjoy live music and dancing beginning at 6 p.m. with The Mixx, at 8 pm. Zach Deputy takes the stage. At 10 p.m. a fireworks show lights up the night, followed by more music from Ripe. The fireworks will not be visible from Iron Mountain Hot Springs, so plan ahead to be downtown by 10 p.m. to catch the colorful show. While there will be alcohol sales throughout the evening, the event is family-friendly with face painting, a henna artist, food vendors and a photo booth.
For those with high expectations for New Year’s Eve 2019, you can do it all—relax at Iron Mountain Hot Springs and celebrate 2020 in Glenwood Springs.
From all of us Iron Mountain Hot Springs, we wish you a Happy New Year!
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs Wins Four Locals’ Choice Awards - April 2, 2020
- The Power of Optimism - March 27, 2020
- Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop: Glenwood Springs - February 27, 2020
- Golden Opportunity for Mountain Biking and Soaking - February 14, 2020