16 Jul Cool Deal: Ice Cream Cones for a Buck
This month, Iron Mountain Hot Springs, is celebrating its fourth year providing an experience that encourages visitors to relax, restore and rejuvenate. On Wednesday, July 17 we’ll be selling ice cream cones for the sweet price of one dollar all day long.
Wednesday, July 17 marks the fourth anniversary of the opening of Iron Mountain Hot Springs in Glenwood Springs. We’ll be commemorating the event with everyone’s favorite summertime snack—ice cream. Stop by the Sopris Café for a cold, creamy cone or two for the throwback price of just a buck.
Since opening, Iron Mountain Hot Springs continues to attract visitors from around the country and the globe to its 16 riverside soaking pools, filled with 100 percent pure mineral water, no chemicals added. While the hot springs and family pool are the main attractions, Iron Mountain Hot Springs has also been busy over the past four years making improvements to the facility and service. Here’s a quick glance of major changes and news since opening, starting with the most recent.
- Switched to convenient, keyless locker entry
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs included as part of the Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs adds partner hotels
- New water filtration system installed and operational
- Annual passes available for purchase for frequent visitors
- Ongoing landscaping and beautification projects
- New Rejuvenation Station outdoor cooling showers open
- New waterfall feature and corrugated steel “mountains” provide a sense of arrival
- Custom made wrought-iron handrails installed throughout the pool and patio area
- Men’s and women’s locker room facilities expansion
- Welcoming new entryway completed
- Sand Bar refreshment stand added for guest convenience
Enjoy an ice cream cone for a great price and help us celebrate our fourth anniversary on Wednesday, July 17. Or, visit Iron Mountain Hot Springs anytime for a soothing geothermal soak in the Colorado mountains.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Colorado Historic Hot Springs Loop: Ouray and Ridgway - July 23, 2020
- Extend Relaxation with Local Spa Services - July 15, 2020
- Reservations Required - July 2, 2020
- Reduced Capacity Makes Soaking More Relaxing Than Ever - June 15, 2020