04 Mar For a Touch of Health Try These Wellness Apps
Soaking at Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a great way to embrace self-care. Technology can also help. These wellness apps can boost mental, emotional and physical well-being.
If you’re looking for help to a healthier lifestyle, check your pocket. Phone wellness apps can track your exercise, your eating and your sleep; encourage you to quit smoking, monitor your drinking, and develop better habits; teach you better nutrition; direct you to the best hiking trails; and connect you with a community of support to reach your goals. Wellness apps are available to boost physical, emotional, and mental health.
- Headspace placed No. 1 on three of the lists and No. 2 on the other. The app promises “Mindfulness for your everyday life: Stress less. Move more. Sleep soundly.” Meditations of different lengths are catalogued by what you need, including encouragement while you exercise.
- Streaks appeared on two of the lists. The app helps you work on up to 12 tasks, such as walking 5,000 steps, reading books, calling your mother, and going to the gym, that you want to turn into habits by practicing them on a regular basis. HabitMinder is a similar app.
- AllTrails, which appeared on two lists, locates running, biking, and hiking trails in your area, including a GPS tracker, photos and reviews from other users, and social media connections. The app includes more than 100,000 trails.
- Sleep Cycle, which appeared on two lists, analyzes your sleep and wakes you up at the proper time when you will feel most rested.
- Shine provides daily affirmations and motivational messages while My Possible Self helps monitor feelings and reveal patterns or triggers in behavior to improve mental health.
- Deliciously Ella, which appeared on two lists, has some 300 vegan recipes. Abillionveg carries user reviews of plant-based and cruelty-free products.
- Smoke Free helps you quit smoking by tracking cravings and by logging the money and hours of life you’ve saved. Drinkaware provides similar information to manage alcohol consumption.
- Clue and The Flo App help women track their periods and manage nutrition, socializing, and other activities effectively.
- 8fit and Body by Simone combine personalized workouts with nutritious recipes.
- Flipd helps you track time and stay focused, including locking distracting apps when needed.
- MindBody helps you find fitness and wellness services anywhere as well as book classes and appointments.
- The messaging app Viber , with more than 900 million users around the globe, has communities where group chats can support your fitness, cooking, and leisure goals.
Read more about wellness topics at Iron Mountain Hot Springs and plan a visit today.
Latest posts by Gene Stowe (see all)
- Skin in the Game: High Altitude Skin Care - June 18, 2021
- J-Wellness: Health Trends that are Catching on in the West - May 13, 2021
- Active and Engaged: Senior Movement - April 9, 2021
- Good Vibrations: The Benefits of Wellness Music - March 10, 2021