24 Aug Glenwood Springs’ Late Summer Bucket List
Fall may be just around the corner, but there is still plenty of time left to enjoy all your favorite Glenwood Springs activities including visiting Iron Mountain Hot Springs and more! Check out our late summer bucket list of things to do.
Sunny days and brisk evenings are ideal for all kinds of bucket list activities in Glenwood Springs. In fact, late summer with its’ glorious weather is a perfect time to plan an action-packed getaway to the hot springs town.
Bucket List Activities to Jump on Now
Before hat weather arrives, take advantage of Colorado’s breezy blue-sky days with outdoor activities that let you feel the wind in your hair and warm sunshine on your face.
- Biking. With everything from paved surfaces to dirt singletracks, riding your bike is a kick in Glenwood Springs. For those who prefer to pedal at a leisurely pace, the Rio Grande Trail offers miles of laid-back riding along the Colorado River. Fat tire enthusiasts will find the best mountain biking—challenges and thrills—on Red Mountain, Wulfsohn and Scout trails.
- Hiking. Step out and see the sights. Hiking in Glenwood Springs is a wonderful way to pass a few hours or a whole afternoon. For a quick uphill meander, visit Doc Holliday’s memorial marker in Linwood Cemetery; the Cross Trail on Red Mountain is a little longer with fantastic views; another option is to wander along the shady and well-marked trails of the Babbish Gulch at Sunlight Mountain Resort.
- Fishing. Plunk a line from shore or cast away aboard a dory. Either way, you’ll be glad you spent time fishing in Glenwood Springs. The area’s gold medal waters are teeming with aquatic life this time of year. Reel in hefty-sized rainbows and browns along the Roaring Fork River.
- Paragliding. If it’s not already, add paragliding to your Glenwood Springs bucket list. Go airborne with a tandem paragliding flight in Glenwood Springs. Late summer thermals make for an uplifting ride. With an expert pilot in control, after you catch your breath, enjoy exhilarating views of Mt. Sopris, the rivers and the valley floor below.
- Soaking. Jump in and let the water work its magic. Iron Mountain Hot Springs pools are chock-full of health-boosting minerals. In addition to the relaxing benefits of soaking in the geothermal waters, catch some rays poolside during the day or focus your attention on the night sky after dark.
- Thrill Rides & Caves Tours. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park takes the summer season to an all-time high. There are thrill rides that will have you screaming for more, cave tours that delve into the spectacular realm below ground and new amenities like The Smokehouse which features tasty BBQ specialties.
Crank up the tunes! There’s nothing like an outdoor concert to remind you that it’s still summer in the Colorado Rockies.
- Hotel Colorado. Sit, sip and savor at Glenwood’s most iconic hotel. Every week on Thursdays and Sundays through September the hotel features live music in the courtyard.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Outdoor music with the best views in town take place at the Adventure Park with Music on the Mountain performances on August 21 and 28; September 11 and 18. Drink specials and delicious food add to the festive atmosphere.
Early Harvest: Fall for Fab Food
- When it comes to dining in Glenwood Springs, you couldn’t ask for more choices especially at the height of harvest season. Local restaurants make the most of fresh-picked produce including Colorado-grown melons and peaches, chili peppers, heirloom tomatoes, and a bounty of squash! Check restaurant menus for specials that often feature local ingredients. Late summer is also perfect timing to visit Glenwood’s farmers’ markets.
When it comes to your Glenwood Springs bucket list of summertime activities, there’s still plenty of time to squeeze them all in. Learn more and make plans to visit Iron Mountain Hot Springs today!
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Glenwood Springs’ Late Summer Bucket List - August 24, 2021
- Following Social (Media) Butterfly Kalli Pezel - August 16, 2021
- Caverns Village Employee Housing Opens - August 3, 2021
- 5 Tips to Maximize Your Iron Mountain Hot Springs Visit - July 16, 2021