03 Feb Galentine’s: A Gal Pals Getaway in Glenwood Springs
Gather your besties and celebrate female friendship in Glenwood Springs. Our itinerary for a Galentine’s girls-only getaway includes hot springs, shopping, dining, outdoor adventures and a comedy show!
Made famous by the TV series Parks & Recreation, Galentine’s Day is attributed to Leslie Knope, played by actress-comedian Amy Poehler. When her character was asked, “What is Galentine’s Day?” Knope says, “It’s only the best day of the year?” Since then, the concept of Galentine’s Day has gained traction. It’s celebrated on Feb. 13, the day before Valentine’s Day and is all about “ladies celebrating ladies.”
For an annual bash with your BFFs, make plans to visit Glenwood Springs. With so many things to do, it’s the ideal location for a girl-time getaway. We’ll let you in on a little secret as well—you can enjoy this itinerary any time you please, not just on Galentine’s Day!
- Stay in Style. Find the lodging style that best suits you and your friends. Glenwood Springs has a huge inventory of rooms available that range from historic hotels and nationally-recognized chains to independently-owned lodges. If you want space to spread out together, consider a condo or home vacation rental.
- Raise a Glass. Toast your friendship over a glass of wine, a craft beer or an expertly mixed cocktail. Some places to check out include Riviera Supper Club and Piano Bar which offers a range of wine by the glass. To try multiple varieties, order a flight of wine. Glenwood is also home to three breweries, Glenwood Canyon Brewpub, Casey Brewing Taproom and Ball Brewing. For delicious cocktails made with premium spirits, find them at restaurants throughout town.
- Soak Away Stress. Plan for relaxation by reserving a 2.5-hour soaking experience for you and your friends at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. The riverside hot springs is famous for their 16 geothermal pools that range in temperature from 98° to 108°F. There’s also a larger, freshwater pool for cooling off and jetted spa that’s big enough for the whole gang.
- Shop Till You Drop. Glenwood Springs has wonderful shopping opportunities, many located within the downtown district. Browse boutiques and shops for items you won’t find elsewhere.
- Eat Carbs! Forget the diet. You’re on vacation with your girlfriends. Live it up! Besides, with so many delicious options to choose from, you won’t want to limit yourself. Restaurants that ladies in particular love include CO Ranch House, Brava Modern Trattoria, Juicy Lucy’s Steakhouse, Rivers and Masala and Curry.
- Practice Some Gentle Movement. Rally your gal pals for some outdoor activities, nothing too strenuous. Some to consider include hiking to the summit of Red Mountain, biking the Rio Grande Trail, skiing at Sunlight Mountain Resort or touring the King’s Row Cave at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
- Have a Laugh. As if you haven’t already whooped it up enough with your girlfriends, make room for more good times with a visit to the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue. This show, with a cast of professional actors, will keep you in stitches with hilarious skits, jokes, and song and dance numbers.
Happy Galentine’s Day Ladies! Let’s do this. Learn more about visiting Glenwood Springs and book your soaking experience at Iron Mountain Hot Springs today!
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- 7 Relaxation Techniques to Get You Through the Holidays - November 23, 2021
- 5 Glenwood Springs Activities to Add to Your Winter Bucket List - November 11, 2021
- 3 History Hikes to Take in Glenwood Springs - October 21, 2021
- Cheers! Raise a Toast to the Best Beer in Glenwood Springs - October 15, 2021