24 Jun Two Glenwood Springs Itineraries: Revved Up and Relaxing
As a mountain adventure and hot springs town, there are endless ways to enjoy yourself on vacation in Glenwood Springs whether you’re a thrills-a-minute daredevil or a creature of comfort. One activity that fits into both itineraries is soaking at Iron Mountain Hot Springs!
Calling All Adrenaline Junkies
Heights and high-speed thrills define this group of activities. Choose one or all of them, but get moving for a heart-pounding Colorado Adventure in Glenwood Springs.
- Rafting. The scenery in Glenwood Canyon is breath-taking and one of the best ways to experience it is paddling Colorado River whitewater rapids with names like Maneater and Superstition. Rafting outfitters have you covered with gear and shuttle services, all you have to do is make reservations.
- Biking. The Grandstaff Trail is a mountain biking singletrack route that descends from the summit of Red Mountain. Most riders grind their way to the top along switchbacks of the Jeanne Golay Trail. The downhill is a rollicking combo of banked curves and rolling terrain.
- Extreme Rides. For scary good fun, the thrill rides at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park are a scream! The Giant Canyon Swing is a hydraulic pendulum that pitches riders over Glenwood Canyon, while the Haunted Mine Drop plummets riders 110-feet underground into the pitch-black darkness. Others to try include the Cliffhanger Roller Coaster, Soaring Eagle Zip Ride and the Canyon Flyer.
- Paragliding. The first step is a doozie, but you’ll fall for this sport in a heartbeat as you experience the freedom of flying like a bird over the Roaring Fork River. Guests ride tandem with an expert guide and land in a riverside field often to the cheers of awed onlookers.
- Rest & Recover. After so much action, give your body a break and a chance to recover with a long soak at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. The heat and minerals go to work untangling knots and soothing sore muscles, so you’ll be ready for your next adventure!
When Laid-Back is the Order of the Day
Decompress with Glenwood Springs activities that help you chill out and escape from everyday stresses and worries.
- Hanging Lake. If you only do one sight-seeing hike in Glenwood Springs, make it to Hanging Lake in Glenwood Canyon. Steep, but short (just under 3 miles round-trip), the waterfall-fed lake is one of Colorado’s most iconic scenes. Purchase a permit ($12) online and set a leisurely pace getting there.
- Spa Treatments. When it comes time for a little therapeutic R&R, Glenwood Springs spas deliver head-to-toe bliss in the form of massage, body treatments, facials and nail services. Indulge in a favorite treatment like a Swedish or Warm Stone massage or try something new like Watsu!
- Geothermal Soaking. Spend a couple of hours soaking away stress at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Sixteen soaking pools range in temperature from 99˚ to 108˚F; find the one that’s just right for you. Amenities include poolside loungers, outdoor showers, locker rooms, a restaurant and a gift shop.
- Retail Therapy. Bring home a souvenir to remember your Glenwood Springs vacation. Browse through boutiques for unique items you won’t find anywhere else. Some of our favorite stores for mementos in town include boutiques, outdoor purveyors, rock and jewelry shops, as well as local art galleries.
- Sunset Views. Spectacular sunsets are a daily occurrence in Glenwood Springs and there’s no better place to watch the twilight magic unfold than from the Viewing Deck at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. With panoramic vistas, views include Glenwood Springs, the Colorado and Roaring Fork Rivers, as well as snowcapped Mt. Sopris.
Gonzo or laid-back, the pace of your Glenwood Springs vacation is up to you. Either way—to recharge or rejuvenate—make time in your itinerary to visit Iron Mountain Hot Springs!
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Ultimate in Luxury: New Reserved WorldSprings Inspired Pool - February 20, 2024
- Embrace The Chill: The Cold Plunge - January 22, 2024
- Journey to Romania at WorldSprings in Glenwood Springs - December 5, 2023
- WorldSprings Brings the Dead Sea to Glenwood Springs - October 18, 2023